What can you do to stop cookies from being installed on your Netscape browser, or clear cookies that are already saved?
We'll go over the steps shortly but wanted to mention that using old, outdated versions of a web browser — or a browser that's no longer supported by security updates — can further compromise your online security.
How to manage cookies in Netscape 6.0+
- Go to Edit in the Netscape menu bar.
- Click on Preferences, then click Advanced.
- Select Cookies.
- Tick either Warn me before accepting a cookie or Disable cookies, then click OK.
- Go to your Start button and click on Find.
- Click on Files and Folders and type "cookies.txt" into the search box that appears, then click Find Now.
- When the search results appear, drag all files listed into the Recycle Bin.
- Now shut down and restart Netscape.
When you reopen Netscape, you'll either be prompted to accept new cookies, or no cookies will be set or received, depending on your earlier choice.